Once per year, we will come out and do preventative maintenance on your oxygen equipment. This is important. This maintenance benefits you, our customer, by keeping your equipment running properly the way it should. Not only will this assure you have proper oxygen concentration and efficiency, it will also be healthier for you by maintaining the cleanliness of the oxygen coming out of the equipment.
All we ask you to do is to maintain the black filters on the back of the equipment during the year.
- Pull them off the equipment once every week.
- Rinse them under warm water, but do not use soap as soap will leave a film that can attract more dust.
- Pat the filters dry with a towel or paper towel and put them back on the equipment. It will not hurt the equipment if they are a little damp when you put them back on.
One more thing you can do to help yourself is to change your oxygen supplies when needed.
- Change the main (green or clear) tubing every 3 months
- Change the nasal cannulas every 2 weeks.
Changing these helps you because it will maintain proper oxygen flow to you. If tubing becomes too cold, not only will you not get the proper oxygen flow, but it can become brittle and kink easily. This can cause issues with the equipment as well. If needing more supplies, all you have to do is call us and we will make sure you get what you need.
Please allow us to do this maintenance once per year on your equipment. It will only take us a few minutes and it greatly benefits you!
**If you move or change your phone number, it is important that you call us and update your information. The equipment is rental equipment, so it is important we know where it is at all times, not only for maintenance, but for billing purposes. This benefits both our patients and us.